Information About ESTA For United States

General information

The government of United States allows travelers to apply for a quick and easy electronic Visa (ESTA) to visit the country for tourist or business reasons. This is a mandatory document to enter United States. Any person who wants to come to United States must apply to get an ESTA.

The ESTA for United States is available for foreign citizens of any of the eligible countries and travelers must request it online prior to the travel.

If the nationality of the passport is not on the list of eligible countries to apply for an online visa, the requester must go physically to the embassy and apply for the visa there.

The tourist ESTA for United States gives access to the country to all eligible citizens, for one or more entries, depending on the needs of the traveler. The online application on this website will ask you the nationality of the traveler, as well as the number of times the traveler wants to go to United States, to assign correctly the corresponding ESTA.


Once the request is fulfilled and presented, it will be studied by the immigration officers. You must be aware that additional information or documentation may be required during the approval process and this must be attached to finish the process correctly.

The final decision about your entry request will be sent electronically as an attachment to the provided email address.

This travel authorization doesn't warrant the entry to United States. Travelers can be elected for a second verification process prior to their entry in the country.

Any tourist traveling with an electronic visa for United States, must show the following documentation on their arrival to an international entry point in United States:

  • Printed and approved ESTA

  • Valid passport for at least 6 months from the moment of your arrival in United States (it must be the same as the one used to fulfill the ESTA application).
  • Requirements for the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA):
    • You are a citizen or eligible national of a Visa Waiver Program country
    • Your travel is for 90 days or less
    • You plan to travel to the United States for business or pleasure