eTA Canada

ETA Details
Visa type
Multiple entries
Service fee
Visa fees
eTA for 6 months
5 years
Multiple entries: Yes
Service fee: 32 USD
Visa fees: 6 USD


Complete online application

Prepare your passport and fill in our simple online form in less than 5 minutes

Receive your travel visa

We will send you your approved document within 48 hours - without you having to go anywhere!

Start your journey

Show your passport and eTA visa when you arrive in Canada.


To initiate the online Canada visa application process, only three fundamental elements are required:

  • A valid passport copy
  • An email address to receive the approved Canada eTA
  • A bank card to pay
If any of these elements are missing, your Canada visa application will be put on hold, allowing you to complete the missing information or documentation later.

Visagov has optimized the eTA application process for Canada, making it simpler and minimizing the risk of errors that could lead to rejection. Completing the application will take you no more than 5 minutes.

The Canada eTA Visa is managed entirely online and is linked to your passport. However, we recommend that you also take a physical copy with you for your trip. It is best to print out the eTA Canada visa and take it with you.

Do you need more information? See our complete guide: How to get a visa for Canada

ETA Canada Visa Application

Customer reviews


It costs 38 USD including your personal travel authorization for Canada and all Visagov's services such as 24/7 customer service and the full revision of your eTA before submitting it.
Once you’ve applied and everything is correct, your eTA will be directly linked to your passport so it’s not mandatory to print it out. However, they may ask you for the document upon arrival so we always recommend to print it out and carry it with you.
It’s valid for 5 years or until the expiring date of the passport. It allows you to stay in the country for up to 180 days and enter multiple times.
You can stay up to 6 months every time you travel to Canada as long as your eTA is valid (5 years or expiring date of the passport).
No, the Canadian eTA is requested only if you are traveling by air. You will need to have your valid passport and a visa depending on your passport.
The Canadian eTA is only valid for tourism or business, it does not give any rights to work in Canada. If you want to work and get paid in Canada, you will have to apply for a work visa.
A Canadian eTA is an online travel authorization automatically linked to the passport of travellers holding a passport from a visa-exempt country. You only fill out an easy online application form in order to receive it while a visa needs a visit to the embassy or consulate and takes more time to get it.
You just need to fill out our easy and simple form, make the payment and your eTA will be directly linked to your passport. You will receive an email with the approval as well as a link to check the status of your Canadian eTA. Once it’s approved you will be able to download the approved document. Even if the authorization is linked with the personal passport we always recommend printing it out.
Prepare your valid passport, your email address and a valid debit or credit card in order to proceed with the payment.
Once your application is submitted, you will receive an email with a link to a tracker. Follow that link and you will be able to check the status. If it’s approved, you will be able to download it and print it out.
This depends on your passport and the way you arrive in Canada. If you are an ESTA holding traveller crossing the border from the US to Canada by land or water, you will only be asked for your passport (if it’s also from a visa-exempt country). However, bear in mind that the eTA Canada and the ESTA are not the same travel authorization so if you are traveling to Canada from the USA by air, you will be asked for an eTA as well.
If you are a foreigner arriving to Canada, you will be asked for a travel authorization or visa at the border. If you hold a passport from a visa-exempt country and are planning to travel to Canada for tourism or business, the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is the easiest and fastest way to cross the border. You just need to fill out our simple form, make the payment and you will get it.
Yes, it’s valid for 5 years (or until the expiration date of your passport), and it allows multiple entries up to 6 months each.
To enter Canada you will need to fulfill these Canada entry requirements:
- Valid passport
- Approved eTA


Do you need an ETA for Canada?
Use our eligibility checker to find out if you match with the requirements.

Canada ETA Application

The Canada ETA Application is available in more than 50 countries around the world .

The eTA for Canada is an electronic travel authorisation, which is valid for 5 years, and allows for multiple visits to the country during its validity. These visits cannot exceed 6 continuous months.

This Electronic Travel Authorisation is linked to your passport, so if your passport expires before 5 years, your eTA will expire at the same time.

This electronic visa only allows for tourist or business stays, never paid work, long term studies, or permanent residence in Canada.

The Canadian authorities are very strict about letting visitors into the country. If you have a criminal record or have been convicted of a crime, no matter how small, you cannot travel to the country. You must not lie or omit information in your application, or your entry will be refused, even if you have the approved visa. If you have any outstanding legal grounds, you must go to an embassy with all the documentation, and they will decide whether to accept your entry or not.