Canada eTA Visa

ETA Details
Visa type
Multiple entries
Service fee
Visa fees
eTA for 6 months
Validity: 5 Years
Multiple entries: Yes
Service fee: 29 USD
Visa fees: 7 USD

How to get an ETA Visa for Canada

Complete online application

Prepare your passport and fill in our simple online form in less than 5 minutes

Receive your travel visa

We will send you your approved document within 48 hours - without you having to go anywhere!

Start your journey

Show your passport and eTA visa when you arrive in Canada.

Visa Requirements for Canada

If you are a citizen of a country eligible toapply for a Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization), you only need the following three items to apply:

- A valid passport copy
- An email address to receive the approved eTA
- A bank card to make payment

If any of these elements are missing, your application will be saved so that you can complete at a later stage.

Visagov has simplified the electronic application for travel to Canada in order to minimise the chances of rejection due errors. It should take only about 5 minutes to complete.

The Canada eTA Visa is managed entirely online and is recorded in your passport. However, we recommend that you also take a physical copy with you for your trip.

Do you need more information? See our complete guide: How to get a visa for Canada

Application for online e-Visa for Canada

Our customers say

4.9on Google logo
Organize a visa quickly and efficiently. Recommended!
Fast and efficient. 100% recommended
M. Isabel
Great service. Satisfied
I totally recommend it, effective service and they are very friendly. Thanks again!


It costs 36 USD including your personal travel authorization for Canada and all Visagov services such as 24/7 customer service and a full revision of your eTA before submitting.

Once you’ve applied and everything is correct, your eTA will be directly linked to your passport so it’s not mandatory to print it out. However, they may ask you for the document upon arrival so we always recommend to print it out and carry it with you.

It’s valid for 5 years or until the expiring date of the passport. It allows you to stay in the country up to 180 days and enter multiple times.

You can stay up to 6 months every time you travel to Canada as long as your eTA is valid (5 years or expiring date of the passport)

No, Canadian ETA is requested only if you are traveling by air. You will need to have your valid passport and a visa depending on your national passport.

Canadian ETA is only valid for tourism or business, it does not give any rights to work in Canada. In case you want to work and get paid in Canada, you will have to claim for a work visa.

A Canadian ETA is an online travel authorization automatically linked to the passport of travelers holding a passport from a visa-exempt country. You only fill out an easy online application form in order to receive it while a visa needs a visit to the embassy or consulate and takes more time to get it.

You just need to fill out our easy and simple form, make the payment and your eTA will be directly linked to your passport. You will receive an email with the approval as well as a link to check the status of your Canadian ETA. Once it’s approved you will be able to download the approval document. Even if the authorization is linked with the personal passport we always recommend to print it out.

Prepare your valid passport, your email address and a valid debit or credit card in order to proceed with the payment.

Once your application is submitted, you will receive an email with a link to a tracker. Follow that link and you will be able to check the status. If it’s approved, you will be able to download it and print it out.

Depending on your passport and the way you arrive in Canada. If you are an ESTA holding traveler crossing the border from US to Canada by land or water, you will be asked only for your passport (if it’s also from a visa-exempt country). However, bear in mind ETA Canada and ESTA are not the same travel authorization so if you are traveling to Canada from USA by air, you will be asked for an ETA as well.

If you are a foreigner arriving in Canada by, you will be asked for a travel authorization or visa at the border. If you hold a passport from a visa-exempt country and planning to travel to Canada for tourism or business, the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is the easiest and fastest way to cross the border. You just need to fill out our simple form, make the payment and you will get it.

Yes, it’s valid for a period of 5 years (or the expiring date of your passport), allowing multiple entries up to 6 months each.

Check your eligibility

Do you need an ETA for Canada?
Use our eligibility checker to find out if you match with the requirements.
Yes, you are eligible for ETA Canada!
You cannot apply for ETA.
We are sorry, you have to apply at the embassy.

Visa for Canada: More information

More than 50 countries around the world can apply for eTA online.

The eTA for Canada is an electronic travel authorisation, which is valid for 5 years, and allows multiple visits to the country during its validity. These visits cannot exceed 6 continuous months.

This Electronic Travel Authorisation is linked to your passport, so if your passport expires before 5 years, your eTA will expire at the same time.

This electronic visa only allows tourist or business stays, never paid work, long term studies, or permanent residence in Canada.

The Canadian authorities are very strict about letting visitors into the country. If you have a criminal record or have been convicted of a crime, no matter how small, you cannot travel to the country. You must not lie or omit information in your application, or you will be refused entry, even if you have the approved visa. If you have any outstanding legal grounds, you must go to an embassy with all the documentation, and they will decide whether to accept you for entry or not.

Other ETA for Canada interesting information